Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Big 5.... Wedding Anniversary







So, Will and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary on May 22nd. It has flown by! We both kept saying all day, 5 years... Wow. I know it isn't that long, but we were really thankful to celebrate! Both our parents celebrate their 30th anniversaries this summer. We have great examples in them of what marriage should be.

Janette graduated on our actually anniversary so most of the day was spent celebrating her great achievement! More to come on that :)

So Will and I were able to sneak away Sunday night for some much needed time together. The girls had been sick almost 3 weeks and so I was especially worn out. Whiny days, and on duty all night with sick babies, can make for one tired Momma! I told Will all I wanted was to sleep in! My wish was granted! We were able to spend a night in a hotel! We had dinner, saw a movie and even had ice cream. Then, i got to sleep in until 9:45, and had a continental breakfast. It was a WONDERFUL way to celebrate.
I am so thankful that I am married to a man who loves me, his girls, works hard to provide for us, loves the Lord, makes me laugh, makes me feel beautiful, and who is my best friend. I love you Will! These are our engagement pics... Will is going to kill me for putting these up! HA. Sadly, don't have any recent pictures of the two of us. Need to be better about that!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Congrats! We had our 5 yr. last week.... I think. Hmmm?

Time flies by!