Thursday, September 11, 2008

First Mother's Day and Three Months Old







My first Mother's Day was such a blessing. Will got up early and got breakfast and flowers for me. Then we got to have a nice meal with Will's family at our house. The girls also turned 3 months old. Being a mom is the biggest blessing, challenge, and joy. It is very humbling to know how much my little ones depend on me and look to me for their everything. I am so thankful for a Heavenly Father who helps me be the best mom I can be every day, giving me the strength, wisdom and patience I need to grow these girls in the Lord for His glory. Being a mom also has made me think about how much I love my children, and how much more the Lord must love me, and them. The sacrifice that HE made of His son is that much more real now that I have children of my own. What a great God we serve. That He would give His only son so that we can become the righteousness of God thru Jesus. Amazing Love!
I am also thankful to my mom for being an example of such a great mom. She loves us all so much and is always putting others before herself. I have learned that is how it works once you are mom :) Especially with two little ones at once.

I am also thankful for my sweet mother in law Fran. She is not like most mother in laws... she is a constant source of encouragement and I am so thankful for her.

No comments: